Rockaway Township Transportation Services
Rockaway Township Transportation Services is a publicly funded program operating specialized vans and buses, serving residents with qualifying disabilities ages 21 and over and adults 62 and older. The program provides free door-to-door transportation service Monday through Friday with pre-scheduled pickup times from 9 AM until 2:00 PM and provides access to Rockaway Township and nearby towns.
- Participant must permanently reside in Rockaway Township and be 62 years of age or older. Persons with disabilities must be 21 years of age or older. Under certain circumstances, temporary disabilities may qualify for transportation accessibility.
- The Township of Rockaway reserves the right to cancel or request you make another appointment at a later date due to weather, driver shortages, mechanical issues, or any other any reason as determined by the Dial-a-Ride Coordinator.
- Appointments must be made at least 2 weeks prior.
- Service area is limited to the following areas in Morris County:
- Mine Hill
- Mt. Arlington
- Mt. Lakes
- Rockaway Borough
- Rockaway Township
- The following areas are available for appointments scheduled between 10 AM and 1 PM: Cedar Knolls and Morristown.
Beginning this year (2023) we are asking all residents/passengers who have scheduled a ride to expect a confirmation phone call one or two days prior to your appointment. If, however you do not hear from us, please call the day before your appointment (before 3pm) to confirm that you are on our schedule.
As always, we ask that you be ready and waiting for the driver one hour prior to your appointment time. Because this is a ride sharing service, the drivers often need to be at different locations for pick-ups and drop-offs and may have to bring you early to your appointment.
Once again, thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Please contact the Division of Senior Services at 973-983-2839 for updated information.