New Resident Information
Rockaway Township is a great community to live, work and play.
- Incorporated in 1844
- Faulkner Act (Mayor-Council) Form of Government
- Mayor - elected for a four-year term
- Nine (9) Member Council - elected for four-year terms of office
- Six (6) Wards and Three (3) at large-members
- 11th Congressional District (Mikie Sherrill)
- 2010 Census 24,156 residents and 8,983 households
- Located in Morris County
- 45,546 square miles
- Lakes, rivers, mountains, wildlife, hiking trails including Farney State Park, Wildcat Ridge WMA, Mount Hope Historical Park and Splitrock Reservoir.
- National Register of Historic Places include Split Rock Furnace and Ford-Faesch Manor House @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Rockaway Township's staff picks up recycle every other week and bulk pickup once a month, curbside.
Resident garbage pickup needs to be contracted privately by the homeowner:(Waste Management (1-800-745-5616), N. Tassielli Disposal (973-627-4300), or Blue Diamond (973-598-9800).
- Recycle and Bulk Schedule can be found at: Schedule
- Recycle is single stream (all items can be in one can).
- Recycle may be dropped off at one of two sites.
- Leaf and Brush Collection is from April through December.
- Recycle App may be downloaded onto your smart phone. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Rockaway Township has five neighborhood elementary schools (K-5th), one middle school (6th-8th) and two regional high schools (9th-12th).
Rockaway Township has options for transportation.